Tilapia with a Light Olive Sauce
This pan-seared tilapia is paired with a light sauce that's flavored with pungent black olives and crisp, fresh asparagus.
Recipe type: Seafood Suppers
Serves: 2 fillets
- 4 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole leek, chopped
- 1 TB. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 stalks asparagus, chopped into 1-in. pieces
- 1 TB. fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 1 TB. unsalted butter
- 2 (6-oz.) tilapia fillets
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Add leek, garlic, [1/2] teaspoon salt, and [1/2] teaspoon black pepper, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add kalamata olives, asparagus, tarragon, and lemon zest, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and unsalted butter, and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Season both sides of the tilapia with remaining [1/2] teaspoon salt and remaining [1/2] teaspoon black pepper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Add tilapia, and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Place tilapia on a serving dish, spoon olive-vegetable mixture on top, and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 fillet Calories: 631 Fat: 46g Saturated fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 1615mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 45g Cholesterol: 111mg