Square Meat Pies (Sfeeha)
These little square meat pies contain juicy ground beef (or you can use lamb) with spices in a bed of soft dough. You can also make this recipe into the flat meat pies, just don't fold over the edges. And if you like, you can even add a finely chopped jalapeno pepper for an added kick!
Recipe type: Beef and Lamb Dinners
Serves: 18 meat pies
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1[1/4] tsp. salt
- [1/2] tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. seven spices
- 1 batch Multipurpose Dough
- Preheat the oven to 425ÂºF.
- In a food processor fitted with a chopping blade, pulse yellow onion and tomatoes for 30 seconds.
- Transfer tomato-onion mixture to a large bowl. Add beef, salt, black pepper, and seven spices, and mix well.
- Form Multipurpose Dough into 18 balls, and roll out to 4-inch circles. Spoon 2 tablespoons meat mixture onto center of each dough circle. Pinch together the two opposite sides of dough up to meat mixture, and pinch the opposite two sides together, forming a square. Place meat pies on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: 1 meat pie Calories: 166 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 20g Sodium: 308mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 15mg