Flavorful cauliflower stew is a great way to incorporate this vegetable into your menu. Tender potatoes and mini meatballs add to the heartiness of this dish.
Recipe type: Soothing Stews
Serves: 10 cups
- [1/2] lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 (16-oz.) can plain tomato sauce
- 1 (16-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 TB. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- [1/2] tsp. onion powder
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 (16-oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a small bowl, combine beef, [1/2] teaspoon salt, and [1/2] teaspoon black pepper. Form mixture into 20 to 30 mini meatballs about 1 teaspoon each.
- In a large, 3-quart pot over medium heat, add meatballs. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, water, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, remaining 1[1/2] teaspoons salt, and remaining [1/2] teaspoon black pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and chickpeas, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice.
Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 312 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 50g Sodium: 1,523mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 16g Cholesterol: 27mg