When I think of Mediterranean salad, the first thing that comes to mind is a Greek salad.I love the crunchy cucumbers with the smooth feta and the herb dressing. A bowl of this salad with some grilled chicken just makes me happy.
| Saturated fat
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced large
- 3 medium Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, and thinly sliced
- [1/4] cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 1 TB. red wine vinegar
- 1 TB. minced garlic
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- 1 TB. dried oregano
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl, add romaine lettuce, tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, red onion, and green bell pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and oregano.
Pour dressing over lettuce mixture, and toss to coat.
Top salad with kalamata olives and feta, and serve immediately.
If you don't like feta cheese, you can definitely replace it with a cheese of your choice. Goat cheese or fresh mozzarella also work well with this recipe.
Join the fun! Share your photo of this recipe dish.
No Reviews Found.
Log in to post comments/ rate this recipe. Sign in
You may also like
No recipe suggestions for this recipe.