This is the perfect warm and filling winter stew, loaded with tender, juicy vegetables and a smooth tomato sauce.
| Saturated fat
- 3 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 4 medium Italian eggplant, trimmed and diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 (16-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1[1/2] tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In a 3-quart pot over medium heat, heat extra-virgin olive oil. Add white onion and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes.
Add Italian eggplant and potatoes, and cook for 7 minutes.
Add tomato, and cook for 3 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and salt, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Stir in cilantro, and cook for 5 more minutes.
Serve with brown rice.
Join the fun! Share your photo of this recipe dish.
No Reviews Found.
Log in to post comments/ rate this recipe. Sign in
You may also like
No recipe suggestions for this recipe.