I like to think of this salad as a protein salad because it's chock full of protein and lots of fiber. The citrus dressing lightens the heaviness of the beans.
| Saturated fat
- 1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can fava beans, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, and finely chopped
- [1/2] medium white onion, finely chopped
- [1/2] cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 TB. fresh thyme
- 1 TB. lemon zest
- 3 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 1 TB. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- [1/2] tsp. salt
In a large bowl, combine cannellini beans, fava beans, red bell pepper, white onion, flat-leaf parsley, and thyme.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and salt.
Pour dressing over bean mixture, and toss to coat evenly.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate to enjoy for another 1 or 2 days.
Bean salads hold up really well to dressings, so making this dish in advance is a great ideaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Âyou can enjoy it for a few days after as well. The flavor actually develops more the longer it sits, so it will taste even better.
Join the fun! Share your photo of this recipe dish.
No Reviews Found.
Log in to post comments/ rate this recipe. Sign in
You may also like
No recipe suggestions for this recipe.