Chicken liver can be a heavy meat to eat, but this recipe lightens it with citrus, garlic, and a refreshing punch of fresh herbs.
Servings: 4[1/2] cups
- 2 lb. chicken liver
- 3 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 TB. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- [1/2] tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro(finely chopped)
- [1/4] cup fresh lemon juice
- Cut chicken livers in half, rinse well, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken liver and salt, and cook, tossing gently, for 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat, and spoon liver onto a plate.
- Add black pepper, cilantro, and lemon juice. Lightly toss, and serve warm.
Serving size: [3/4] cup Calories: 246 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 4g Sodium: 483mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 26g Cholesterol: 571mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/chicken-liver/