Thyme Breakfast Pizza (Zaatar Manakish)
This is a very traditional breakfast pizza. The tangy, earthy flavor of the zaatar seasoning along with the soft, chewy bread definitely wakes you up!
Servings: 6 pizzas
- 1 cup zaatar
- [1/2] cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 batch Multipurpose Dough
- [1/4] cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF. Flour a rolling pin and your counter.
- Divide Multipurpose Dough into 6 equal portions, and roll out dough into 6- to 8-inch-diameter circles.
- In a small bowl, combine zaatar with extra-virgin olive oil. Spread 2 or 3 tablespoons zaatar mixture onto each dough circle.
- Place pizzas onto a baking sheet, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until zaatar begins to bubble.
- Remove pizzas from the oven, fold each pizza in half, enjoy as is or with Yogurt Spread.
Serving size: 1 pizza Calories: 558 Fat: 30g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 64g Sodium: 784mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/zaatar-manaeesh-recipe-thyme-breakfast-flat-bread-2/