The options for omelet ingredients are nearly limitless. This version boasts a medley of fresh Mediterranean flavors.
Servings: 1 omelet
- 2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TB. yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- [1/2] medium tomato, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TB. whole or 2 percent milk
- 4 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- [1/2] tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 TB. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TB. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat, cook extra-virgin olive oil, yellow onion, and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, spinach, and tomato, and cook for 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and whole milk.
- Add kalamata olives and black pepper to the pan, and pour in eggs over sauteed vegetables.
- Using a rubber spatula, slowly push down edges of eggs, letting raw egg form a new layer, and continue for about 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked.
- Fold omelet in half, and slide onto a plate. Top with feta cheese and fresh parsley, and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 omelet Calories: 560 Saturated fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 13g Sodium: 1,891mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 20g Cholesterol: 450mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/mediterranean-omelet/