My mom would make this egg dish for every holiday. It's a medley of flavorful ingredients: browned ground beef, sauteed onions and garlic, cut with sweet and tangy tomato sauce, and finished with creamy eggs.
Servings: 6 cups
- [1/2] lb. ground beef
- [1/2] medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- 3 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes with juice
- 6 large eggs
- [1/2] tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown beef for 3 minutes, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Add yellow onion, garlic, salt, and extra-virgin olive oil, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes with juice, stir, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add eggs to the skillet, stir into scramble, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add black pepper, and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 211 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 3g Sodium: 139mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 234mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/holiday-eggs/