This beautiful roasted chicken with a crispy skin is flavored with spices and herbs and is accompanied by sweet roasted carrots.
Servings: 1 whole chicken
- 1 (5-lb.) whole chicken
- 1 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TB. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. seven spices
- [1/2] tsp. ground cinnamon
- [1/2] large lemon, cut in [1/2]
- [1/2] large yellow onion, cut in [1/2]
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 6 small red potatoes, washed and cut in [1/2]
- 4 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a roasting pan, and drizzle and then rub chicken with extra-virgin olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, paprika, black pepper, coriander, seven spices, and cinnamon. Sprinkle and then rub entire chicken with spice mixture to coat.
- Place [1/4] lemon, [1/4] yellow onion, 1 sprig rosemary, 1 sprig thyme, and 1 sprig sage in chicken cavity.
- Place remaining rosemary, thyme, sage, lemon, and onion around chicken in the roasting pan. Add carrots, red potatoes, and garlic cloves to the roasting pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF, and roast for 1 more hour, basting chicken every 20 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Serving size: [1/4] chicken Calories: 611 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 50g Sodium: 795mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 59g Cholesterol: 160mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/mediterranean-roasted-chicken/