Mediterranean Fruit Tart
This light and flavorful fruit tart combines a sweet custard with fresh fruit and a flaky crust.
Servings: 1 (9-inch) tart
- 2[1/4] cups all-purpose flour
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- 2 TB. sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- [1/2] cup shortening
- 5 TB. ice water
- 2 cups Ashta Custard (recipe earlier in this chapter)
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup peach or apricot jam
- 3 TB. water
- In a food processor fitted with a chopping blade, pulse 2 cups all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar 5 times.
- Add butter and shortening, and blend for 1 minute or until mixture is crumbly. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add ice water to batter, and mix just until combined.
- Place dough on a piece of plastic wrap, form into a flat disc, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF.
- Dust your workspace with flour, and using a rolling pin, roll out dough to [1/8] inch thickness. Place rolled-out dough into an 9-inch tart pan, press to mold into pan, and cut off excess dough. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Let tart cool for 10 minutes.
- Place tart shell on a serving dish, and fill with Ashta Custard. Arrange strawberry slices, kiwi slices, and blueberries on top of tart.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat peach jam and water, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, brush top of fruit and tart with warmed jam.
- Serve chilled and store in the refrigerator.
Serving size: [1/8] of tart Calories: 644 Fat: 39g Saturated fat: 20g Carbohydrates: 70g Sodium: 375mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/mediterranean-fruit-tart/