Lemon Basil Garlic Sauce
This sauce is an amazing fusion of fresh basil and pungent garlic with the zestiness of lemon. It brightens the flavor of almost anything it's served with.
Servings: 4 cups
- 1 cup garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- [1/2] cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups canola oil
- [1/4] cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 TB. lemon zest
- [1/2] tsp. ground black pepper
- In a food processor fitted with a chopping blade, blend garlic and salt for 30 seconds. Stop the food processor, and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Replace the lid.
- Turn the food processor back on, pour in 2 tablespoons lemon juice, slowly drizzle in [1/3] cup canola oil, and blend for 30 seconds. Stop the food processor, and scrape down the sides again.
- Turn the food processor back on, and continue to very slowly add remaining lemon juice and canola oil-alternating as you go. This should take about 3 to 5 minutes, and a thick, mayonnaise-type sauce should form.
- Add basil, lemon zest, and black pepper to the food processor, and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Store in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Serving size: 1 tablespoon Calories: 94 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 1g Sodium: 37mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/lemon-basil-garlic-sauce/