Yellow Cake with Jam Topping
This was my mother's go-to cake when she had last-minute guests coming over. It's a dense, spongy cake with a sweet and tangy apricot or peach jam topping.
Servings: 1 (9*13-inch) cake; 16 pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 1[1/4] cups sugar
- 1 TB. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- [1/2] cup whole milk
- [1/2] cup butter, melted
- 2 cups apricot or peach jam
- [1/4] cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 TB. hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a 9-13-inch cake pan with cooking spray, and dust with about 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, and using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract, and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, whole milk, and melted butter, and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apricot jam, sweetened condensed milk, and hot water.
- Pour jam icing over cake, letting it run over the edges, cut, and serve.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 313 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 57g Sodium: 163mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 84mg
Recipe by DedeMed.com at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/yellow-cake-with-jam-topping/