This dense lemon-flavored cake has a very light flavor. It's perfect for an afternoon treat.
Servings: 1 (9-inch round) cake; 12 pieces
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB. vanilla extract
- 4 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 1 TB. lemon zest
- [1/2] cup vegetable or light olive oil
- 1[3/4] cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF. Lightly coat a 9-inch-round cake pan with cooking spray, and dust the pan using about 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, blend Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, and vegetable oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt, and blend for 2 more minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan, and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice to make glaze.
- When cake is cool, pour glaze over top, cut, and serve.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 277 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 42g Sodium: 117mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 36mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/yogurt-cake/