Turmeric Cake (Sfoof)
This cake is light, fluffy, and just sweet enough. It has an amazing, distinct flavor thanks to the turmeric, but it's not overwhelming.
Servings: 1 (8*8-inch) cake; 12 pieces
- 1[1/2] cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 TB. turmeric
- [3/4] cup vegetable oil
- [1/2] cup dry milk
- 1 cup water
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- 1 TB. baking powder
- [1/4] cup pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 425ÂºF. Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray, and dust the sides of the pan with about 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, and using an electric mixer on medium speed, blend all-purpose flour, sugar, turmeric, vegetable oil, dry milk, water, salt, and baking powder for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle pine nuts over top. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out dry.
- Cool cake completely before cutting and serving.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 286 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 34g Sodium: 126mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 1mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/sfoof-sfouf-medterranean-eggless-cake/