Spinach Pie Recipe
These spinach pies are have an earthy flavor with a hint of spice and a bright, citrus bite. They're great as a snack or even for lunch.
Servings: 18 pies
- 8 cups baby spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- [1/4] cup plus 4 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- [1/4] cup fresh lemon juice
- [1/4] tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. sumac
- 1 batch Multipurpose Dough (recipe later in this chapter)
- In a large bowl, combine spinach and salt. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°F. Grease a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Drain spinach and squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Place spinach in a separate large bowl.
- Add tomato, yellow onion, lemon juice, [1/4] cup extra-virgin olive oil, cayenne, and sumac to spinach, and mix well.
- Dust a rolling pin and counter with all-purpose flour, and roll out 18 Multipurpose Dough balls to 5-inch discs [1/4] inch thick.
- Add 2 tablespoons spinach mixture to center of dough discs. Fold over and pinch together top portion halfway down. Bring up the bottom half, and pinch to top two halves. This should form a triangle.
- Place spinach pies on the prepared baking sheet. Brush top of pies with remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold.
Serving size: 1 pie Calories: 189 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 22g Sodium: 271mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/mediterraneanspinach-pies-recipe/