This is a twist on the traditional baklava. This rich version is filled with peanuts and melted chocolateÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Âalmost like a candy bar but with a flaky crust.
Servings: 12 pieces
- [1/2] cup milk chocolate chips
- [1/2] cup peanuts, chopped
- 25 (8x8-in.) sheets phyllo dough
- [1/2] cup butter, melted
- [1/2] cup Simple Syrup (recipe in Chapter 22), at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk chocolate chips and peanuts.
- In an 8ÃƒÂ¯Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â´8-inch pan, begin to layer phyllo dough. Add 10 sheets, buttering each sheet as you lay it in the pan. Then sprinkle phyllo dough with [1/2] chocolate-peanut mixture. Layer next 5 phyllo sheets, brushing each sheet with butter. Sprinkle rest of chocolate-peanut mixture over top, and add remaining 10 layers of phyllo, again brushing each sheet with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut baklava into 12 equal pieces. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until phyllo turns golden brown.
- Pour Simple Syrup over baklava, and let it soak for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 280 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 252mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 22mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/chocolate-peanut-baklava/