Spiced Meat and Rice (Kabsa, Kabseh)
I loved when my mom made this dish. I would start eating it before she could carry the bowl to the table. The browned meat with the seasoned rice make this dish hearty and filling.
Servings: 5 cups
- [1/2] lb. ground beef
- 2 cups long-grain rice, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. seven spices
- [1/2] tsp. cinnamon
- 1[1/2] tsp. salt
- 1 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a 2-quart pot over medium heat, brown beef for 5 minutes, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Add long-grain rice, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water, seven spices, cinnamon, salt, and extra-virgin olive oil, and stir. Bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff rice with a fork, cover, and let the rice stand for 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 191 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 19g Sodium: 726mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 27mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/spiced-meat-and-rice/