Bulgur Chickpea Pilaf
In this vegetarian pilaf, full of fiber and protein, earthy bulgur wheat combines with toasted vermicelli noodles.
Servings: 8 cups
- 911mg sodium
- 3 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup vermicelli noodles
- 1 (16-oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1[1/2] tsp. salt
- [1/2] tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups bulgur wheat, grind #2
- Preheat a large, 3-quart pot over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and yellow onion, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vermicelli noodles, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, vegetable broth, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bulgur wheat, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5. minutes. Uncover, fluff bulgur with a fork, cover, and let sit for 5 more minutes. Serve warm with Greek yogurt.
Serving size: 1 cups Calories: 207 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 33g Sodium: 911mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/bulgur-chickpea-pilaf/