Vegetarian Stuffed Baked Potatoes
In this dish, tender potatoes are stuffed with a seasoned vegetable filling and baked in an earthy tomato sauce. You get plenty of fiber and protein, and the potatoes are filling without the need for any bread.
Servings: 6 potatoes
- 6 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 lb. baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 TB. minced garlic
- 4 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 TB. seven spices
- 1 (16-oz.) can plain tomato sauce
- 1 TB. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°F.
- Trim bottom of potatoes so they stand on end. Cut off top quarter of potatoes, and set aside tops. Hollow out inside of potatoes, and stand potatoes in a large casserole dish. Finely chop potato flesh, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook spinach for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, yellow onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, seven spices, and chopped potato flesh, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Fill each potato with 3 tablespoons vegetable mixture, and place tops back on filled potatoes. Evenly drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over potatoes, and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a 2-quart pot over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, thyme, oregano, black pepper, and garlic powder, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After potatoes have baked for 15 minutes, add sauce mixture to the dish, and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 potatoe Calories: 408 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 73g Sodium: 1054mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/vegetarian-stuffed-baked-potatoes/