Vegetarian Quinoa Pilaf
Quinoa is an amazing superfood. This nutty-tasking seed is full of protein and fiber. This pilaf dish combines the earthy flavor of quinoa with sweet tomatoes and pungent olives.
Servings: 8 cups
- 3 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 TB. minced garlic
- 1 (16-oz.) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 TB. dried oregano
- 1 TB. turmeric
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cup red or yellow quinoa
- In a large, 3-quart pot over medium heat, heat extra-virgin olive oil. Add portobello mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add red onion and garlic, stir, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, water, salt, oregano, turmeric, paprika, and black pepper. Stir, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add red quinoa to the pot, and stir. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spoon quinoa onto a plate, sprinkle with parsley, and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 129 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 16g Sodium: 661mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by DedeMed.com at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/vegetarian-quinoa-pilaf/