Salmon with Pesto
Here, sizzling seared salmon is topped with a light and flavorful herb pesto.
Servings: 2 fillets
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 TB. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 TB. toasted pine nuts
- [1/4] cup plus 2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (6-oz.) salmon fillets
- [1/2] medium lemon
- In a food processor fitted with a chopping blade, pulse basil, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, [1/2] teaspoon salt, and [1/2] teaspoon black pepper 15 times.
- Add Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and [1/4] cup extra-virgin olive oil, and pulse 15 more times. Set aside.
- Set salmon fillets on a plate. Drizzle both sides with remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and season with remaining [1/2] teaspoon salt and remaining [1/2] teaspoon black pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Add salmon, and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Place salmon on a serving plate, spoon 2 tablespoons pesto over each piece, and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 fillet Calories: 403 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 20g Sodium: 1181mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 24g Cholesterol: 70mg
Recipe by DedeMed.com at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/salmon-with-pesto/