This fish really has a kick! Baked flakey red snapper is seasoned with a spicy vegetable sauce in this eye-opening fish dish.
Servings: 1 (6-pound) fish
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 jalapeÃ±o, some seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic
- [1/2] cup plus 2 TB. fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1[1/2] tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 TB. tomato paste
- 3 TB. fresh lemon juice
- [1/4] cup plus 2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (6-lb.) whole red snapper, scales and guts removed
- 6 lemon slices
- [1/2] large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF.
- In a food processor fitted with a chopping blade, pulse tomato, yellow onion, jalapeno, garlic, [1/2] cup cilantro, cumin, coriander, 1 teaspoon salt, [1/2] teaspoon black pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, and [1/4] cup extra-virgin olive oil 15 times.
- Place 3 slices of lemon in a roasting pan, and set red snapper on top. Gently squeeze and scrub top of fish with [1/2] lemon, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over fish, and season with remaining [1/2] teaspoon salt and remaining [1/2] teaspoon black pepper.
- Spoon vegetable filling inside fish. (It's okay if some of it leaks out.) Top fish with remaining 3 lemon slices, and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let fish rest for 10 minutes, sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, and serve on a bed of rice.
Serving size: 1 hour [1/4] fish Calories: 450 Fat: 24g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 11g Sodium: 984mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 47g Cholesterol: 80mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/spiced-fish/