Cheeseless Meat Pizza (Lahme bi Ajeen)
You'll love this pizza. Tender, flaky dough is topped with minced meat mixed with zesty spices, tomatoes, and onions. Who needs cheese or sauce?
Servings: 6 pizzas
- 1 batch Multipurpose Dough (recipe in Chapter 13)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- [1/2] lb. ground lamb
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 TB. seven spices
- 1 tsp. salt
- [1/2] tsp. ground black pepper
- [1/2] cup cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 450Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºF. Sprinkle a baking sheet with some cornmeal.
- Cut Multipurpose Dough into 6 equal portions, and roll each into a 7-inch circle.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, lamb, tomato, yellow onion, seven spices, salt, and black pepper. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, place 1 on top of each rolled-out dough circle, and spread meat mixture evenly over dough.
- Place pizzas on the prepared baking sheet, but do not overcrowd. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side of Greek yogurt.
Calories: 619 Fat: 24g Saturated fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 69g Sodium: 849mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 30g Cholesterol: 70mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/lahme-bi-ajeen-recipe-flat-meat-pies/