Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tbs fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup chopped red roasted peppers
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp DedeMed's Sumac spice
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 lbs boiled cubed potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain water. In a mixer or with a potato masher, mash up the potatoes with the salt. Next, mix in the olive oil. In the same boil add the green onions and parsley and mix well. Transfer to a plate and spread out, sprinkle thyme on top and then sprinkle sumac to it. Decorate plate with red peppers and drizzle with olive oil.
- This is a great alternative to the traditional mashed potatoes and gravy. These Mediterranean Mashed potatoes can be served warm or cold and go great as a side dish with any meal. You can even switch out the herbs used with any herbs that you like to make your own flavored mashed potatoes.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 200 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 401mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/mediterranean-mashed-potatoes-recipe/