Figs are so sweet and hearty, they always satisfy my sweet tooth. Here, they're combined with the earthy flavor of bulgur and spicy arugula.
Servings: 10 cups
- 2 cups dried figs
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat, grind #2
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup plain walnuts
- 2 TB. honey
- 3 TB. red wine vinegar
- 3 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- [1/2] tsp. salt
- [1/2] tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, add figs. Pour hot water over figs, set aside to soak for 30 minutes, and drain. Cut figs into quarters.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add bulgur wheat, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until all of water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add arugula, figs, bulgur wheat, and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, red wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over arugula mixture, and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 440 Fat: 24g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 56g Sodium: 249mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Dedemed at https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/fig-salad/